Chocolate chip cookies recipe, easy and quick
Chocolate chip cookies, how many times have you heard of this recipe? In fact, it is an original American recipe that is handed down from generation to generation. It is so quick and easy to make, that it’s become a culinary symbol of the United States.
The recipe is simple and fast and even if you can buy shop bought mixes to make these cookies by only adding oil and eggs, I recommend you make them from scratch, both for your pockets and especially for your health.
The aim is to prepare crunchy biscuits and this is the reason why pure sodium bicarbonate is used.
The dough of these chocolate cookies can be eaten raw, served alone as a dessert or with ice cream, caramel, melted chocolate and so on. The recipe for the so-called cookie dough is under the recipe of the classic chocolate cookies, so you can choose which one to prepare.
For this reason, the dough can be prepared well in advance, wrapped in foil and placed in the refrigerator and then cooked at a later time. The dough can be kept in the fridge for 2 days.
The only drawback of these cookies is that they only last a maximum of 3 days if placed inside an airtight container otherwise they become too soft and lose flavor.
Ingredients per 30/35 cookies
- 227 grams (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 220 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 133 grams (⅔ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 300 grams (2⅓ cups plus 1 tablespoon)all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 340 grams (2 cups) chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 190°C (356°F);
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl;
- Beat the butter with the sugar, the brown sugar and the vanilla extract in another bowl until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat then, continuing to mix, gradually pour over the whole dry mixture;
- Finally, add the chocolate drops;
- Divide the dough into two loaves and make sausages with a diameter of about 5 cm. Cut the sausage into round biscuits about 2 cm in height;
- Place on a low pan (not greased or buttered) and bake at 190°C/356°F for 9-11 minutes.
- Serve cold.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
How to make the perfect cookie dough at home
If you decide to try to prepare the cookie dough, aka the chocolate cookie dough to eat raw, you can find the recipe below. If you are worried about any diseases resulting from raw egg intake, I have the perfect solution: eliminate eggs and slightly increase the amount of butter. The purpose is to create a soft dough so it is necessary not to overdo the flour. Once ready, the dough should be kept in the fridge, in a small bowl or after giving it the shape of balls, and can be consumed within a maximum of 2 days.
Ingredients for a small bowl
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon and 1/2 of softened butter
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix well;
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Do you like this recipe? Pin it!