Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe to Make at Home
The pumpkin spice latte is one of America’s most famous recipes in the world thanks to Starbucks which during the years have made this the recipe to look for in October, concurrently with Halloween. The main ingredient is the pumpkin and the peculiarity of this beverage is the fact that it has a strong flavor that, thanks to the presence of ginger and cinnamon, is suitable for this time of this year.
The differences between the famous version by Starbucks and the homemade version of this latte are simple to identify: genuine ingredients. If the coffee chain uses industrial syrups to flavor its drinks, using homemade and real ingredients make this latte definitely a good beverage.
Although it is typical of the Halloween and October, this pumpkin-flavored latte can be made throughout the winter perhaps with the addition of other spices such as cloves and pepper.
Once prepared, the syrup stays in the fridge for a month in a sealed jar.
Ingredients for 4 cups
For the syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 600 grams of white sugar
- 500 ml cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons of pumpkin flesh
For the milk
- 600 ml full milk
- 300 ml coffee
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Prepare the syrup by mixing the sugar with water and bringing it to low boiling. Once the sugar is melted add the cinnamon sticks, the spices and the pumpkin pulp, continuing to mix on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour in a hermetically sealed glass jar, allow to cool and refrigerate or use it immediately.
- Heat the milk by bringing it almost to the boiling point and in the meantime pour 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin syrup into each large cup.
- Pour hot coffee and milk then add, if desired, whipped cream and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes