Mascarpone cream, Italian recipe for Christmas
Mascarpone is a very and tasty cream cheese and it’s one of the most luscious cheese you can eat, alone or pair with other ingredients! A good way to use it is making a proper Italian mascarpone cream filling which can be used as filling in tiramisù, a Christmas cake or served as a dessert by itself with cookies or fruits.
Mascarpone has a fat content of up to 75% so make sure not to abuse of it; if you cannot find any mascarpone cheese in your area, use the cottage cheese or the clotted cream to get more or less the same result.
How to make a perfect mascarpone cream
- The eggs have to be fresh and cold otherwise the whites won’t become stiff;
- You can add a pinch of bicarbonate or a dash of white wine vinegar to the egg whites to make sure that they will will become stiff;
- By adding brandy, whiskey cream or vanilla you will get a very tasty cream;
- Do not over beat the cream otherwise it will warm too much losing consistency.
In case you cannot find a good Italian mascarpone, you can use clotted cream since the amount of fat is very similar. Try to make this amazing mascarpone cream at home for Christmas and everyone will be happy!
Ingredients for 6 people
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp of sugar
- 500g of mascarpone cheese
- Beat the egg whites until stiff;
- Add the sugar and the yolks;
- Stir in the mascarpone cheese and beat until creamy;
- Use the cream to fill your cakes or as a individual dessert for dinner parties.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Mascarpone cream video recipe
[Pic by Giuseppe]